Never say that 90 Second football is off trend. People are talking about Jack Wilshere, and here’s a post by John Dobson all about him.
“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool the to speak and remove all doubt” wrote author Maurice Switzer in 1907. Unfortunately, the pre-match press conference is an area where remaining silent isn’t much of an option and so the propensity for verbal garbage to spill forth is very high. And so it’s proved ahead of England’s game against Montenegro where Jack Wilshere provided more than enough ammunition – and not for the first time in recent history – for supporters of the old adage about footballers being, in general, a bit thick.
With that in mind, here are the top ten things that Jack Wilshere doesn’t understand.
10. How the Large Hadron Collider works.
9. Why Pluto isn’t a planet any more.
8. How big infinity is.
7. If air is made up of molecules, and molecules are made up of atoms, what is it that exists in the space between the atoms?
6. The plot of James Joyce’s Ulysses.
5. Mans inhumanity to man.
4. If the meat we get from chicken is called chicken and the meat from lamb is lamb, why isn’t beef called cow?
3. Reasons for and processes involved in human migration.
2. The health risks associated with smoking.
1. Where John Barnes, Terry Butcher, Tony Dorigo, Owen Hargreaves etc etc were born.